All Your Frequently Asked Questions
(Have more? Don't be afraid to email us..)
Click Here for Product Instructions
Yes and no. It's completely normal to have some slight vaginal smell.
However, if your vagina has a sour, fishy, bread or cheese-like odor, it is not normal. It is likely a sign of an infection (caused by a pH imbalance).
And fixing the pH imbalance is exactly what our product does!
For the most part, that is true. For example, doing things like douching can upset the vagina's microflora, speeding up the bad-bacteria's takeover. Our product, however, is gently acidic and helps the vagina quickly restore back to its normal pH. Once the pH is achieved, the vagina returns back to its self-cleaning mode. :)
Boric acid has been used by doctors for over 100 years and is found in nature. It is safe, highly effective, and is supported by lady-doctors across the world.
No worries! Don't be afraid. Boric acid is a very mild acid -- it is a pH of 5, which is the same acidity as a cup of coffee.
Yes, many women use it for exactly this reason. Using our product will ensure your vag is back to its baseline pH and runnin' at full force.
Feel free to use it after sex, periods, throughout menopause.. or any time that things just feel off.
A vaginal suppository is a small capsule that is inserted into the vagina. The capsule dissolves over several hours. Inside the capsule is one simple ingredient: 600 mg of finely-ground boric acid. The outer shell is vegan - meaning it is made from vegetable materials. This means it does not contain gelatin, an animal-derived ingredient. We don't dig gelatin at all, so we sourced our special capsules. No dead animal parts in your vagina with our company!
Our suppositories look like regular capsules -- just a white powder within a small pill-size capsule. They look like this, but our latest shells are clear:
No! Don't do this! Boric acid can be toxic when taken orally.
It's super easy! Just insert the suppository like a tampon and push it up with your fingertip. You'll know you have it in "right" when its pushed to a point where you no longer can feel it.
Our products can be used any time.. however, most of our customers prefer to use them overnight. That's right - let FlowerPower™ work its magic while you sleep. Just insert, pass out, and wake up with a nice "optimized" vag -- it doesn't get any better than that.
Our capsules contain 600 milligrams of boric acid. Results can be seen within 2 – 7 days, but are often seen after one use. We recommend only using them till the symptoms disappear.
Heck yes. Boric acid has been used for hundreds of years by medical professionals for different purposes, including eliminating vaginal odors and preventing infections. There are numerous studies that have shown its effectiveness and safety. Boric acid is recommended by a multitude of doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals - primarily those who specialize in women’s health. Do not, however, take it orally.
Yes. No problem at all.
When having symptoms (odor, excess discharge, or itch), feel free to use one suppository every 12 hours.
We like to recommend nighttime use. We generally recommend using one suppository per night, as needed. Some women may experience a mild discharge (especially during the day), so we recommend using a panty liner -- just in case.
Just use the suppositories till your symptoms are gone. Feel free to use 1-2 days after symptoms disappear, just in case. If you are prone to infections feel free to use 2 - 4 suppositories per week as a preventative measure. Every lady's bod is different -- nothing is really written in stone.
We do not recommend using boric acid suppositories during pregnancy. There has not been enough studies done to conclude whether or not it is safe to use when pregnant. Please always consult with a doctor before using our stuff.
Yes, you can safely use FlowerPower™ 2-4 times per week.
Feisty, are you? We've found it takes between 4 - 12 hours for the suppository to dissolve. Every lady is different.
Once it is dissolved you can then engage in all your sexual deeds.
Our ladies have reported slight discharge, mild burning and some irritation. We recommend using a panty liner to deal with the possible discharge.
Make sure to insert the suppository far enough into the vagina -- ideally to a point where you can no longer feel it.
We believe that some of the side effects may be due to failing to insert deep enough inside of the vagina.
pH is a scale of measurement between things that are alkaline (non-acidic) and acidic. The scale ranges from 0 – 14, with 14 being the most alkaline and 0 being the most acidic. Water is pH neutral and has a pH of 7.
A healthy vagina has a pH balance of 3.8 – 4.5, which is fairly acidic (about the same as a tomato).
The vagina's "good bacteria" produce lactic acid, which keeps the bad bacteria away.
However, when the vagina is off-balance (too alkaline), the bad bacteria thrive and can mess it all up. Please read out home page to learn more.
The vagina is a naturally acidic organ, and this is how it keeps bad bacteria and infections at bay. When the vagina is in a healthy, acidic state, the environment is too harsh for bad bacteria to grow. These bacteria need higher pH levels (less acidic) to thrive.
However, when outside factors shift a vagina from acidic to alkaline, an overgrowth of bad bacteria can occur. This brings discharge, bad odor, itching and other unpleasant stuff.
• Menstruation: The pH of blood is 7.4 since its mostly water. During your period, vaginal pH levels become elevated (less acidic).
• Menopause: Estrogen levels fall which can reduce the amount of lactobacilli or “good bacteria” present. This causes the pH levels to decrease in acidity becoming more alkaline.
• Sex: The alkaline pH value of body fluids such as semen is around 7. Semen in the vagina after sexual intercourse disturbs the acidic environment of the vagina and can stimulate bacterial growth.
• Douching and cleansers: Water and other types of fluids are alkaline. Anything that is alkaline in nature can affect your vaginal pH levels. This includes douching after sex.
• Antibiotic Medications Prescription antibiotics kill off all bacteria, including the good ones that are responsible for keeping your vagina acidic and healthy.
• Diet and Exercise: Diet and exercise may play a part in setting off a vaginal imbalance.
Fun fact: Once the vagina is off balance, it can stay like that for years until it is rebalanced!
Our FlowerPower™ products are manufactured at our own FDA-registered facilities right here in America. As a product of the USA, we ensure it is made using the highest standards in quality.
Great question. Here's how we are a bit different:
1. We use vegan capsules. We don't believe anyone should be putting gelatin (animal parts) into their vag, ever. Vegan capsules also have been shown to dissolve more effectively. Also - gelatin will sometimes fall out into your underwear. Not cool at all.
2. We allow you to give back to women. When customers purchase from us, they are allowed to choose a charity for a portion of our revenue.
3. Our powder is the finest in the industry. No gritty sand in your vag with us. Our boric acid powder is as finely-ground as it comes, so your vag can live a life of luxury.
4. We have a 60-day guarantee. We believe people should try our products out and be confident with them. Most companies will not give you a refund on an opened bottle.
5. Made in the USA. A lot of companies source their product from overseas. Sketchy? We think so too. Ours are made right here in the good ol' USA.